1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Royals to the NL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jakewriter82, Feb 22, 2008.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

So the team dismissed the rumor according to the KC Star,

But would the Royals be in a better position to compete in the NL Central?

I think it's blasphemy; it'd be like the Green Bay Packers or the Chicago Bears jumping to the AFC....
  2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You're not going to make the Central seven teams, right? So.... they'd go to the West?
  3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't see how this works, since you'd need at least one interleague series every rotation with the 17-13 split in the leagues.
  4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The Royals would finish fourth in the NL Central. So it would be a minor improvement, but still, they would be cellar-dwellers.
  5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Pitchers step in the batter's box in real baseball.
  6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think the story said the Brewers would go to the AL. Where they'd go 70-92 again. But at least Prince Fielder could DH and they could keep Matt LaPorta.
  7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

How awesome would it be to see a Pirates-Royals series at least once a month? I'd drive to Pittsburgh to watch it. Fuck, I'd drive to Kansas City to watch it.
  8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oz would move.
  9. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

And we sit here and talk about cut backs and wonder why newspapers are no longer relevant. These two responses show us one thing: Journalist apparently can't read, so how the hell can anyone expect them to write. The Brewers moving to the AL was one of the first things I noticed in the article.

Okay I'm getting off my soapbox now.
  10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Eh, didn't read it, was reacting to AM's conclusion. But why the Royals? So they can have the KC-St. Louis rivalry rekindled?
  11. Oz

Oz Active Member

Damn right I would!

What got me years ago, when they realigned, is that I always felt the Royals made a mistake in passing on the NL. Sure, they've always been AL and feel the fans want to stay in the AL, but rivalries with St. Louis and the Cubs -- not to mention all the fans they would bring in for each of those series -- would have been worth a serious look.
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good points.

If this happens, the Bucs and the Royals have to be scheduled for a late week in September, right? They could both be a combined 80 games out of first place!

What about realigning the divisions with the Marlins, Bucs, Royals, Reds and Nationals in a Cost Cutter division? The fail could be legendary.
Draft saved Draft deleted