1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Royals roll dice on Milton Bradley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I love the thread title. Wonder if Milton Bradley is a gamer. :)

Which reminds me ... A restaurant down here called itself "Trail Dust Steak House" and got sued by a similarly-named outfit in Fort Worth. So it changed its name to "Parker Brothers Original Trail Dust Steak House." Talk about the lesser of two evils ...

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

It blows my mind that Emil Brown plays more than Joey Gathright, a speedy pest who is hitting for average this season even if Buddy Bell and Dayton Moore don't want to believe it.

That guy needs to play everyday. Period. I think he will once the Royals get the DH back and can get another extra-bases bat in the order. Cuz their aint many now.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Bradley trade sinks like my Battleship

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Guess Bradley wasn't worth the Risk

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The Royals finally got a Clue.

6. sportymcgee

sportymcgee Member

I'm board.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What angle do you think the KC Star's beat writer will take?

(Board game jokes overdone. I chose geometry instead.)

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I might go with something like this:

The Kansas City Royals rolled the dice with Milton Bradley on Friday, but the dice didn't come up seven.
    Bradley was a member of the Royals for oh, about a whisper in the wind before Royals execs abruptly canceled the trade upon learning of an oblique injury apparently kept hidden by the Oakland Athletics.
    Once the Royals brass were made aware that Bradley would not be able to play in Saturday's game at Milwaukee, they nixed the trade, which would have sent Double-A pitcher Leo Nunez to the Athletics.
    Thus, Bradley was unable to pass "Go" and will not be collecting the $200, or whatever portion on his contract the Royals would have been liable for.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

KER-PLUNK!

10. HandsomeHarley

Just saw a piece from the San Francisco Chronicle that speculates Bradley might have made up the oblique injury because he didn't want to go to Kansas City.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Would you blame him? (Well, of course you would because it's a shitty thing to do. But you know what I mean.)

12. HandsomeHarley

As a Royals fan, yes, I blame him, but Bradley's been an asshole his entire career anyway, so I wouldn't put it past him.

A lot of players would do good to play in a smaller venue where there's not as much trouble to get into.

Draft saved Draft deleted