1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Royals revoke credentials - UPDATED AGAIN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Chill out, Petty.

It's a story that can be reignited at any time, the next time somebody at a press conference decides to get lippy/mouthy/snooty/snotty. If they yanked two credentials, eventually they'll try it with somebody else.

2. torrie_wilson

torrie_wilson Member

Jesus, enough of the fat jokes already. I don't know if I agree with everything Whitlock has said on here, but the shit has gotten stale. Plus, have you seen Whitlock on TV lately? The guy looks like he's lost 100 pounds.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Word.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

star - the guy comes on talking shit as though he's the end all of end all and was gonna drop the nba finals because the royals story was so important. i'd once like to see the guy back up his smack.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

torrie, he should have lost 150 just to be in the chubby world.

and, btw, i could give a shit of what you think is stale.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You may not be Tom, but you've got the Petty part down cold.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

leo,

Which problem am I a part of? Your eloquent argument in favor of lawsuits never really said.

And I'd argue most lawsuits are legitimate. Not unlike a violent juvenile offender now serving in Iraq is a legitimate soldier. I just don't think their existence is a particularly good thing.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

unique hack, never heard it before ... kinda what i thought when i chose the name. next?

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Re: Royals revoke credentials - UPDATED

I must say that is one of the most scathing column beat-downs I have witnessed in my days on this earth - appropriate, relevant and downight blistering.  Bravo, Jason Whitlock.

Now to read further in the thread.

Edit: Unfortunately it was also the apex of this thread.

Edit 2: Leo, props to your post on the necessity of a civilized form of dispute resolution.

10. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

jason,

youre very lucky that you can post using your real name. you are lucky to have employers willing to put up with your act, which means no repercussions. i envy that.

that -- not talent -- separates you from most people on this board. truth is, lugnuts has more journalistic ability in her left nut than you do in your entire body.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Since when is Lugnuts transgender ???

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That's kind. I don't deserve it, but thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.