1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Royals revoke credentials - UPDATED AGAIN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: Royals revoke credentials

I cannot believe the Mets didn't beat them to this.

Hey Whitlock, time to work those corners. Surprise us.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Whitlock's too busy defending Barry Balco from the witch hunt to do anything meaningful.
    Besides, there's no race card to play in this one.

3. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

the best part is the pr guy saying he didnt know why the credentials were revoked. hes basically admitting the glasses did it against his advice.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Here's what it says on the back of a team-issued season credential from an MLB team:

THIS CREDENTIAL MAY BE REVOKED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT CAUSE.

Certainly leaves the team a lot of leeway.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Why does MLB leave this up to individual teams? Is there no media office in charge of this kind of thing?

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i believe i've said it before, but i'll say it again. fuck david glass

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Royals deserve what Annenberg did to the Sixers at the Inky when he was ticked off at them . . . a box, and a two-inch wrap.
    Worthless slugs.

8. area313code

area313code Member

I'm really torn on this issue.

Let's see...

I don't know whether to call the Royals "petty"or "childish" or "moronic" or "small-minded."

Other than that, I'm cool.

9. Re: Royals revoke credentials

Whitlock weighs in:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14785160.htm

Thursday won’t be the last time the Glass family’s incompetence ruins Dayton Moore’s day.

In fact, David and Dan Glass topped their Thursday performance with an act of incompetence Friday that makes Thursday’s silliness seem brilliant.

Still irritated that their unveiling of the Royals’ new GM/victim was ruined when two radio reporters decided to ask David Glass about the firing of Allard Baird, “D and D” — which does not stand for Dumb and Dumber — allowed the Royals’ media flack to strip WHB’s Bob Fescoe and KCSP’s Rhonda Moss of their credentials.

You got it. The worst franchise in professional sports thinks it’s wise to ban two media representatives who still take the franchise seriously. I wish I were making this up.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Give 'em hell, Jason! Nice job.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's actually a very good column. He tells it like it (apparently) is, throws his support behind Fescoe and Ross and really hangs the Glass guys out there as petty and vindictive fucks. I'm interested to know, however why a newspaper writer's credential is so safe compared to the broadcast media.

The best part is the ending, where he takes Fescoe's boss to task as well:

Interestingly, Moss’ management at KCSP is giving her strong support. Fescoe’s support at WHB is mixed. WHB’s afternoon host/owner Kevin “The New Don Fortune” Kietzman spent part of his Thursday show blasting Fescoe and Moss for making Glass uncomfortable on Moore’s special day.

Fescoe declined to comment when I reached him by phone Friday. He’s in pretty much the same position as Dayton Moore. They both better get used to getting thrown under buses by their bosses.

I agree, and I hope Fescoe is polishing his resume. I don't know how long he's been at that station or in KC but it's pretty clear he needs to move on from WHB, at the least.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Baghdad Bob....classic nickname for the flack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.