1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roy Williams: I died for your sins.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jun 5, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

[​IMG]

GOLDARNIT, GUYS, THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY TO PLAY! THE CAROLINA WAY! I AM ALL ABOUT THE CAROLINA WAY!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Why ridicule the man's faith? Why not criticize the story's creation itself?

Having said that, I don't think Jesus cares a whole lot about the cover 2. Or 3. But Roy, I can attest to the reality that when you shoudler a faith, life does have a different set of curveballs. I just don't think it's relevant to your performance.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You don't think his comparing criticism of his own sub-par play directly to Christ's crucifixion is even a little over the top?

Dude's been a passive-aggressive twat since he got exposed, and he's found the ultimate card to play.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's Williams' explicit comparison of his own very minor criticism by the media to the persecution, torture and death of Jesus Christ which I think sets most people off.

I stubbed my toe this morning coming out of the shower, but, like Jesus, I can endure pain. ::) ::)

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Agree. The persecution Williams speaks of is not the kind of persecution you think of when it comes to religion. He's being persecuted because he can't cover anything capable of movement, not because of his religious beliefs.

To compare one's self with Jesus is definitely over the top. "He was persecuted and I've been persecuted." That's ridiculous.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

As much as I've said that I feel Chapel Hill's Roy Williams is sometimes disingenuous, not even I think he would stoop to this.

Back on topic, if he's so religious, then maybe he should apologize to all those guys he's horse-collared over the years because he doesn't want to tackle. There might be enough people on that list to fill Jerry Jones' new football palace.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

When I clicked on this thread I honestly wasn't sure which Roy Williams it would be about.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Say what, now?

[​IMG]

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Looks like they are running either the option or the Hook and Ladder.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

For some reason, I always pictured Jesus in a single-bar-facemask helmet. Old school.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Jesus likes his chances running out of the wishbone.

Draft saved Draft deleted