1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rove To Sheryl Crow: "Don't Touch Me...I Don't Work For You"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A change (in administration) would do you good.

2. You want to make the same judgement on Bill Clinton too? How was the father figure in his life?

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

*applauds*

4. Y
    Yes, because both men share equal credibility with the public at large, and both share similar public favorability, and both have done similarly productive things with their lives.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Claws to Crow: Give us your opinion of late musician Kevin Gilbert.

Crow to Claws or any other journalist or person at a social gathering: "No comment" or "^&%$ off"

6. At 4:59 you post about me on another thread - "You're not worth arguing with"

Yet 3 minutes later - you respond to one of my posts practically begging for a debate on the merits of Bill Clinton as a human being.

I can't believe a thing you say. Typical Democrat

7. Who's arguing? Who's asking you for a debate?
    Not I, certainly.
    I'm merely posting as a kind of public health notice to the board.

8. Public health notice - like make sure to stay away from contact with Sheryl Crow while at dinner because she probably has large traces of human urine all over her body from not wanting to use more than one square of toilet paper when she pees and that she probably doesn't wash her hands either because she wants to conserve water.

That sort of public health message?

Personally - I prefer my public service messages with guitars ala the Clash.

BTW - Joe Strummer supported fighting the war on Radical Islam using any means necessary. Probably including even that missile technology that Bill Clinton sold to the Chinese.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Judgment, FWIW.

And Bill Clinton didn't craft his image and his party's image totally around the family values and morality hypocritical BS that clearly has been embraced by such folks as Mark Foley, Duke Cunningham, Jack Abramoff, Newt Gingrich ...

10. Public health notice: This is a fake talking-point and a very old lie.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You are a Communist?

Your phrasing seems a bit rude. Had he not wanted to discuss it, he would have found a tactful way of saying that it wasn't the time or place or that he wasn't in the mood.

There are ways to go about things.

That may have been a very interesting way of responding.

The reality is that Rove's salary is paid by the tax dollars of the American public. If the public wants to ask him a question, it deserves an answer.

I would never dream of giving my boss the type of response Rove provided regardless of where I was when the topic came up.

If Rove is hanging out with his friends, assuming he has one or two, then he can easily blow off the topic. It is different, though, when you are talking with someone that pays your salary.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

So if during the 1995 White House Correspondents Dinner, Gary Bauer had gone up to Leon Panetta and started showing him pictures of aborted fetuses and asking when Clinton was going to stop partial-birth abortions, Panetta would be duty-bound to answer him and debate him on the topic, right then and there? Panetta couldn't ignore him? So if I see my congressman walking down the street with his family, am I allowed to walk up to him and demand a dialogue about whether the U.S. government is hiding evidence of what happened at Roswell -- after all, I do pay his salary.

Your sentiment is nice, in a Aaron Sorkin/West Wing kind of way, but it ignores reality. There is a time and place to lobby officials. Ambushing them at what amounts to a lighthearted society dinner is not how it is done and you have no right to always expect an answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted