1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rove To Sheryl Crow: "Don't Touch Me...I Don't Work For You"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Apr 23, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So he gets sent to the gallows because he advocated for a war?

Look, I think the guy is a scumbag, too. He got what he had coming to him in November. But W is the one who ultimately presses the button/signs the orders.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

It would be worth it.

3. Atwater -- barbecue join, playing guitar with BB King, prostrating himself before the world so as to get right with God shortly before he kicked.
    Gingrich -- Actually, in his futurist-crank persona, helped Al Gore and a few other people convince the Congress that the Internet tubes were a good idea to be going on with.

4. In 1986 Houston policeman Thomas Beatty was shot and killed in the line of duty. Beatty had twin boys aged 7 months at the time. Karl Rove arranged to pay for the college education of the twins and has never made it a big deal and has never sought publicity for the act.

That's two things. Sorry he never played guitar with BB King.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Time and a place, Pastor.

If Crow were a reporter with a real question, or someone who genuinely wanted a dialogue, fine. But she's a rock star who thought it would be cool to harrass dude. Rove might be a bastard (though he's a damn clever election strategist, his success at that aided by his total lack of conscience), but you bet it matters that they were seeking a reaction.

If someone ambushed current Dem flavor of the week Obama (hell, or Hillary) in this way, people would be up in arms. But Rove is universally recognized as a bad guy, so it's "They deserved an ANSWER!!!"

EDIT: wicked is dead on. Some of the rhetoric is absolutely embarrassing. Will it be fascinating to see this administration's facts come out when they are gone? Sure. Of course, angry GOPers said that about Clinton, and they're still waiting for those facts. Can a case be made that there has been plenty of wrongdoing, especially as it pertains to business interests of various administration members? Absolutely. But is it a logical leap to go from what can actually be proven in a court of laws about these A-holes, to "They should be EXECUTED!!!!!!!!"

Yup.

6. And because he never sought publicity for this act, you know about it, how?
    Is it time yet to start listing...oh. the hell with it.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Piotr, Crow isn't a journalist. She isn't going to be issued press credentials to talk with the guy. She isn't going to be given a meeting or a sit down at any juncture. They were in the same place at the same time. It is acceptable to ask the question when she sees him.

I can't state whether or not it was harrassment as I wasn't there. But, if things went down as described, it doesn't really seem like it.

I have a buddy that works at MTV. Tailgating at a game, I asked him about the shitty music and overall paucity of quality programs. We're just talking about topics and shooting the breeze. I was interested in his response to that question. Should I have waited until he was at work and then phoned him up to ask him? Was it not the time and place?

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

It was a good dream:
    [​IMG]

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

And if your buddy had said, "Fuck that shit. I don't want to talk about work," would he have been a bad guy?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Celebrities get face time with politicians all the time because of who they are... Crow is a very likable person, but she went about this the wrong way.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Come on, Pastor . . .there's a huge difference between buddies drinking at a game, and a couple of busybodies saying "Ooh, there's Karl Rove! Let's get in his face about global warming!"

Again, they knew how he would react; wouldn't you anticipate that reaction? Rove is a jerk, and part of a group that has done its best to ignore the very idea of global warming. They had their agenda, and sought an argument. Was he supposed to say "Sure ladies, let's discuss it right here, even though even acknowledging its existence would be to go against what my boss says to do. And if I don't acknowledge it, you (a blogger/"activist" and a rock star) will probably argue with me."

Of course, he reacted wrongly. That's what this group does. But what was their goal in approaching him? What the hell did they expect?

Hell, if he really wanted to be a bastard, he should have said "Sure, rock star. Why don't you explain some of the science to me?"

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given the "father figure" in Rove's growing-up household, can anyone be surprised at just how
    Turdblossom turned out?

He hasn't worked for the American People in his life.

Human. Garbage.

Draft saved Draft deleted