1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roth reunites with Van Halen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

He reminds me of the homeless guy who raids the outdoor smoke receptacles looking for cigarette butts. If this is the promo pic for Van Halen's tour, they are in serious trouble.

For Canadian SJ'ers the cities announced so far are Toronto and Calgary in October and Vancouver in December.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. markvid

markvid Guest

Worst picture ever of Valerie Bertinelli.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Wow. I'm looking at a news clip of this ... has Eddie Van Halen eaten an elephant? That's not St. Anthony is it?

Oh my when did they get so old?

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Dave TV ruled!

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

For the record, that Roth pic is from 2002 and the fat one is Wolfgang.

Roth and Eddie both have short hair now and look relatively good -- infinitely better than their cryptkeeper photos from a couple of years ago.

My money says Eddie and Dave aren't on speaking terms by the time the tour starts -- if they are now.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah you're right ... Eddie wasn't the fat one ... but 'look relatively good'? Hmmm ... I guess ... for 60-year-olds.

[​IMG]

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The key there being "relatively," of course - this is Eddie at an Oscar night party about 3 years ago.

[​IMG]

8. Flash

Flash Guest

That pic has dirty old man written all over it ...

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Tony LaRussa on Halloween?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The popular feeling is that they're trying to squeeze one last tour out of Eddie before he dies of cancer... It will be a huge tour and 75 percent of the money will go to the Van Halen family...

I saw Van Halen a few times in the late 1980s and early 1990s with Hagar and they were great... It got strange though in 1991 when Hagar actually started singing some of the David Lee Roth songs...

The way to do this tour is with both Roth and Hagar (Fuck Gary Cerone) I know it will never happen since Hagar's relationship with Eddie is as volatile as it is with Roth, perhaps even more so...

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

They'll be on a California swing in late November ... without me in attendance at any of the shows.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Considering the last album of theirs that I really liked was 5150, I'll be taking a pass as well...

Draft saved Draft deleted