1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rosie's road trip - Branson is calling

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

K, if and ONLY IF, everything works and the stars are in alignment, I am leaving for Branson, MO Wednesday morning.

I was looking on ebay, and I found a car adapter for my Zune. I'm thinking something like this would be really sweet, then I wouldn't be fumbling for CDs on the drive.

So, anyone have experience with these things? For the record, it is the Zune brand.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Re: Would like to decide in ten minutes or so...

My wife has one for her iPod. It works well. Just be prepared to change the channel every so often; at least, I'm assuming the Zune adapter works through the radio tuner.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have one for my iPod I got off w00t. It's awesome, but yeah, you do have to switch stations occasionally to find one with nothing broadcasting on it.

Well worth the cost.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Know nothing of Zune, but I dig Branson. And no, never been to any of the shows. Area is great, lots of outdoor stuff to do, and there are a lot of other things to do to pass the time if you don't want to see the Japanese voilinist, the Russian comic or the myriad washed-up country stars. Check out the landing if you're looking to waste some time on a sunny day. Also, if you're into lakes at all, you're surrounded by tons of recreational options.

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

You would dig Branson.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, god, don't go to Branson. If you must see Yakov Smirnoff, do it on YouTube.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Pallister, I live in Minnesota. Land of 10,000 Lakes. I live across the road from a lake. ;)

I can handle the channel changing every so often, I'd have to do that with the radio anyways - it's about a 14 or 15 hour drive from what I've seen on Mapquest and Yahoo Maps. (Haven't entered it in my GPS yet.)

I suppose I might have to actually make playlists now. :D

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Dools, I am NOT going to see Yakov Smirnoff.

There's a group of us that get together every year and we try to meet somewhere central since we're scattered across the country.

Number one on my list this weekend, clean my truck. Spotless.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

The lakes in Missouri are better. :) And so is the barbecue.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll give ya the barbeque.

But the lakes? I don't think so. ;)

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If you don't have a power antenna, you could take the antenna off — that would help cut out the interference and your adapter should still be strong enough to work.

Branson is better in the spring. During the summer, it's an absolute zoo. And the traffic sucks.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed in mine. You have to turn the in-car volume WAY up to get it to work. I worked around that to a point by changing the volume setting in iTunes itself (to 150% volume or something like that), but after paying $50, it really shouldn't come to that.

Mine has some sort of automatic shut-off from hell that turns it off if it doesn't detect any sound after about 10 seconds or so. If a song has a delayed intro or a real soft instrumental to start, it'll go to static (very LOUD static because of having to turn the volume up) and I have to turn it back on. Annoying.

I also have to change stations a lot and it's basically worthless in a populated area.

It's better than nothing, I have one that charges the iPod which is nice, but it's been disappointing.

Draft saved Draft deleted