1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rosie vs. Star

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jun 27, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And Star handled this with such class and poise, SHE'S FIRED AND GETTING A FUCKING HAIRCUT!

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/articles/_a/star-jones-reynolds-erased-from-view/20060628123809990001

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Two questions...
    1. What did Rosie apparently say about Star in the past week to insult poor little Star so much?
    2. How come African American chicks (Star, Omarosa, etc.) with the clock ticking on their 15 minutes get to proclaim themselves "divas" without at least having People weigh in on the issue.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know if there is a celebrity out there who I hate more than Star Jones...

I'm thrilled by all of this... I may be in the minority here, but I like Rosie O'Donnell and I think she'll be good for the show...

I just wonder who they're going to get to replace Star. Gayle King? I hate all things Oprah, but I'll be curious who they get and I assume they're going to replace Star with an African-American...

4. Mizzougrad96

Rosie has been highly critical that Star wrote a weight loss book, when it's obvious to 99.9 percent of the world that she's had gastric bypass. She was also highly critical of Star for soliciting wedding freebies in exchange for a plug on the show. I know a lot of celebrities get all kinds of free shit, but Star was just shameless... I just think she's a complete disgrace...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OUTING ALERT: Mizzougrad is really Dan Akyroyd
    [​IMG]

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I don't watch The View and have never seen Star Jones anywhere else. What, exactly, is she a celebrity for other than being one of Barbara Walters' sidekicks?

7. Mizzougrad96

Jones was on TV during the OJ trial. At least that was the first place I saw her...

I have always hated her.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

She looks like a freaking alien since she lost that weight. It's freaky.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

HEY BITCH, STFU!!!!!!
    Gawd... she's everywhere....
    She was on Larry King last night; she's on the Today Show (surprisingly interviewed by Al Roker) -- not just in one segment, but two..

Jebus H. Key-rist --- you got fired, welcome to America. Can I get you a big frosty mug???? Quit whining about it. Life ain;t all about you.

You might be the one person in America who makes Rosie O'Donnell seem sympathetic. Instead, you're just pathetic...

Rant over. Thank you.

10. Mizzougrad96

I actually think Rosie should be applauded for most of the things she's done recently...

She walked away from an incredibly successful and lucrative talk show because she knew she was acting like a fraud...

She's done incredible things to help the gay community and has remained outspoken even though it probably wasn't the best thing for her career...

Good for her...

Star Jones is a miserable bitch and I hope she's never seen on TV ever again...

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

She's a former New York district attorney who was some network's legal analyst (CNN, perhaps?) when the O.J. thing happened. She was all over TV during that and gained a following among viewers, so she ditched the legal thing for the celebrty/talk show track.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I was in a restaurant last night that was showing the Star Jones/Larry King deal. She looks strange since she had all the lipo and plastic surgery lost weight. I tell you, given a choice between spending a night of passion with her, or being sodomized and then Danza-slapped by a grizzly bear....I would have to flip a coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted