1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rosie O'Donnell, please STFU

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 15, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's over, its done. You're out. Now STFU...

Rosie dumps on Hasselbeck again

July 13, 2007

Well -- after all is said and done, it's war.

Us Weekly reports that on her annual cruise for gay and lesbian families, Rosie O'Donnell yukked it up at the expense of her former "The View" copanelist Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

Us reports that O'Donnell trotted out a giant photo of Hasselbeck doctored up as the devil and said, "Her only... credit was 'Survivor.' Come on!"

And O'Donnell implied that the pair's famous last battle wasn't held on an even playing field. "I can't fight with pregnant people. Just go have your baby and have a nice life."

(Hasselbeck's rep had no comment for Us.)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. This pretty much sums it up.

[​IMG]

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I respect Rosie for her stances on adoption and homosexual rights, but she seriously needs to shut the fuck up...

If she wants to continue a war with Trump, fine... But Elizabeth Hasselbeck? Please...

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I don't care because I don't listen to her. Never watched the View. Never cared about the controversy. Never watched her other show. If she speaks or not, it makes no difference to me.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey, I'm always up for a good Rosie O'Donnell bashing...

6. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Regardless of her views, she just seems so angry, hateful and mean-spirited toward anyone who disagrees with her.
    She's gone from The View so why keep attacking Hasselhoff. You'd think Rosie would have better things to do and bigger and more worthwhile battles to fight.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Remember when she was called "The Queen of Nice"? Seems like two lifetimes ago now.

She's got celebrity-itis.

Celebrity-itis (n.) -- A condition where a person thinks his or her opinion matters simply because they're a celebrity when in truth he or she is just a vacuous airhead.

8. Mizzougrad96

I felt sorry for her in the Trump fight. She made a joke and he ripped her for at least a month straight...

Now, she looks like nothing but a bully...

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What were Rosie's qualifications for getting her own syndicated talk show years ago?

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Better than Tony Danza's, I'm guessing. Seriously, what are anyone's "qualifications?" Someone who markets shows believes you can attract an audience and advertisers, so they give you a shot. Her show was a huge success, mostly because she didn't let her true personality show.

11. Mizzougrad96

With talk shows it's a complete crapshoot... Who would've guessed that Tyra Banks would have been so successful?

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Hell Tempest Bledsoe had a daytime talk show, they were giving those things out like welfare in the mid 90s

Draft saved Draft deleted