1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roseanne calls out Oprah

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 22, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

See, I thought that whiny attention-whorish character made Becky great. Chalke was too normal, kind of plastic in her acting, and didn't do whiny well.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I didn't know Rosanne was on right after Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Which prompts reason 12,987,654,321,456,789,987,654,321,123,456,790 on why shows like ET, The Insider, and Inside Edition needs to be eliminated or people need to stop watching these fuckin' windbags talk about something they never cared about, unless if it has their name all over the marquee.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're right. Goranson did the whiny bit better than Chalke. That's probably why I liked Chalke. Becky was my least-favorite character (except for DJ, who, was pretty much irrelevant until the final couple seasons), so when there was a change -- I don't care who it turned out to be -- I was pleased. It probably had more to do with the character than the actor at first. When Chalke came on, they catered to her looks, whereas Goranson was very plain, so they couldn't do much with her in that regard.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Someone on IMDB has the great idea that Goranson should replace Chalke as Eliot for an episode of Scrubs.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Roseanne's show sucked.

Fat, bitchy and stupid is no way to go through life.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Wonder what the general opinion of this comment would be had it been directed toward a Republican ... hmmm.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

For the final 18 episodes? Even though it's a small sample, it'd be enough for someone to be murdered. Ask 'Beat.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I knew there was a reason I was channeling Joey Kocur while taking the elevator to the basement in my apartment. Right jab. Left hook. Right-handed body shot. Left jab. Overhand right.

No one can replace the lovely and virtuous Sarah Chalke.

Although I wouldn't necessarily be so violently opposed to a guest spot, where Goranson is a patient that's treated by Eliot.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Always wanted to give Sarah Chalke a good spanking. Lecy Goranson? Not so much.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It would have been a landslide, CI.

Hey, since you're here, I posted a thread about Blagojevich a few days ago and the infighting between him, the Dems, and Springfield, and how nasty it's getting. Question for you: Is Captain Rod is as crazy as they are saying he is?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh I disagree. I think Lecy Goranson would have enjoyed it more.

Draft saved Draft deleted