1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roseanne calls out Oprah

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I love this Rosie. What a spot-on take, just like her show was for eight of its nine seasons.

--------

From Huffington Post:

Roseanne's New Tirade Against Oprah And Obama
    Roseanne | January 22, 2008 12:05 PM

Roseanne has again taken to her personal blog to eviscerate Oprah and Barack Obama. Two weeks ago she wrote Obama is a supporter of "corporate racist anti worker bullshit" and Oprah Winfrey, "plays the race card and the gender card."

This time Roseanne furious at Oprah for not having Hillary on her show:

oprah winfrey has refused to do a show with the FIRST WOMAN candidate for President who has EVER won a primary election, in the history of the United States of America. I saw Hilary on the ridiculous tyra banks' show, and fumed. Hilary deserves to have been able to address the huge female demographic that Oprah's billions came from. How very disgusting, and how very very telling!! Maybe if Hilary was discussing her fat thighs Oprah would have had her on. Oprah doesn't really seem to respect the intelligence of her audience at all. Obama slaps the faces of his supporters with his traitorous praise of ronald reagan, the man who singlehandedly destroyed the working people, the economy, and the mental health safety net in this country, and told inner city kids that ketchup was a vegetable. I pray for the speedy failure of his divisive anti-feminist campaign. Oprah COULD HAVE delivered her viewers an audience with the most powerful and successful woman in American politics since Eleanor Roosevelt, and the only democratic candidate who has a prayer of winning this election at the most crucial time there has ever been in this country. I believe its she and David Geffen's plan to elect fellow billionaire Romney. This country's not going to elect a democrat who speaks well of republicans and reagan, like Barack Hussein Obama does. Wake Up! Diss-ing women's century-old fight for political representation of their voice makes me SICK!!!
    Hillary did appear on Tyra Banks' show last week, where she discussed, among other things, getting over adultery.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That Barack Hussein Obama comment will not go over well.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Speaking as an Obama supporter, this pleases me greatly.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sarah Chalke was great as Becky Connor.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Don't you dare sully my love by mentioning her!

That bit of stupidity aside, this is reason 12,987,654,321,123,456,789,987,654,321,123,456,789 that the political viewpoints windbag celebrities shouldn't be treated as news.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Umm, that's not a comment, its his name.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Roseanne hasn't been relevant since, what, "She-Devil?"

Go stuff another donut in your mouth, sweetheart.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ahhh.. the anti-fat brigade rears its whitehead.

One of the few remaining safe havens for bigots.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, always loved me some Lecy Goranson...

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I can call her fat, because I'm overweight. Skinny people shouldn't have the pleasure of calling us fat, since that would be considered discrimination. I like fat people, but I don't like the fat person in question. ;D

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

She was very good and was the Becky. But I always preferred Sarah Chalke -- even before Scrubs came out -- on that show; she was more likable (smiling a lot more than Alicia and much nicer) and much, much better looking. The two Beckys were just different characters -- and the show made no effort to hide the change from one character to the next; there was a Patty Duke-esque sequence after an episode that starred both "Becky" characters, Chalke and Goranson, which most of you probably know anyway.

No, Chalke didn't play "Becky" better, just differently. And I'd take her over the whiny, attention-whorish Becky that Goranson played for the first five seasons.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

A-freakin'-men!

Draft saved Draft deleted