1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rose McGowan "Hijacks" Bipartisan Political Gala

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

For cross-threading purposes re: knowing about stuff I have no interest in, Corgan used to work in a pet store next to the neighborhood bar one of my brothers drank in.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

She was great in Planet Terror:

[​IMG]

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Smashing Pumpkins: Hall of Famers or the Hall of Barely Mediocre?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Mediocre? I think they are likely a very clear-cut HOF band.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Uh oh... here comes another Dick "HOF?" thread..

7. Dick Whitman

Nah. I think that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame debates are tedious. Baseball ones are interesting to me because there's a level of objectivity due to the numbers and other ways performances are objectively logged. I guess it's good to honor rock music in some way, I've been there and I'm glad it exists, but the exercise is kind of silly.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's really not much reason to have a "hall of fame" in anything other than to drum up interest (I.e. Arguments) over who should or should not be in.

And thus performers whose prime era was several decades ago are returned to the public limelight for a time.

And hardly any HOFs have clear-cut statistical standards for admission, because when you do, all those arguments are over -- either you're in or you're not.

Shit, getting banned by Giamatti was the greatest thing that ever happened to Pete Rose. If he hadn't been banned, he'd have been a slam dunk first year inductee, three would have been a round of career retrospectives when he got in, and that would have been it. He'd become essentially a trivia answer.

As it worked out, Rose has been able to milk almost 30 years of annual arguments over whether he "should" be in the HOF or not.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Have you found the Dwight Yoakam "acoustic.net" album?
    That's some good stuff there.

10. Dick Whitman

I have. I love it. If a genie gave me three wishes, one of them would to obtain a companion guitar lessons book and DVD set to go along with it.

Batman likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think those only come with Santana albums.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

No Labels excluded Lessig, and he's the candidate who fits their agenda the most.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted