1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rose McGowan "Hijacks" Bipartisan Political Gala

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 11, 2015.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Thing is that guy has kind of faded away also. She just seems to be having a tougher time with not being in the spotlight. Don't think it's been 13 years, but I remember one of them going on Howard Stern after they split.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Always wondered what happened to her.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Now they've both hijacked a bipartisan, nonpolitical event.

4. Dick Whitman

I think he's actually doing OK. He opened for the Smashing Pumpkins on a '90s nostalgia tour that appeared to be getting some rave reviews. He's also been doing some acting, I think. Without all the makeup and such.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Yeah, basically. I was thinking that Jimmy Chamberlain was back with him, too.

EDIT: I thought correctly, it appears. Chamberlain is now in his fourth tour of duty with the band.

7. Dick Whitman

Like most people do now, I think Billy Corgan is kind of an idiot. But I wore out "Siamese Dream" when it was out. I was mostly enamored of the production. It just sounded so good, like magic. These pounding, crisp drum fills that exploded at precisely the right time. Vocals quickly drowned out by these soaring, guitar overdubs. Sixteen-year-old Dick Whitman would not have imagined that 38-year-old Dick Whitman would be trawling Apple Music for acoustic versions of Dwight Yoakum deep cuts.

Mr. Sunshine and YankeeFan like this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Billy Corgan: genius or technician?

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Since "douchenozzle" is not a choice, in this vote I shall obstain...courteously.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He's no Alice Cooper.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

One man's Peaches is another man's Rose.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

What the hell goes on in New York?

Draft saved Draft deleted