1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roomba: any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Mar 26, 2007.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

It's got a TiVo-esque cult-like following. I was thinking of getting one to chase after dog hair.

Anyone drank the Kool-Aid or spat it out?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have one. Thing is awesome. My apartment picks up all kinds of city-living crap. That thing just zips around the place doing it's job. It has these little brushes on the side that removes the dirt from the baseboard of the wall and pulls it out and then the vacuum eats it up. I really love that thing. One of my best investments ever.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Ragu ... how are they in a crowded space ... furniture, TV, etc.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I was wondering how one of those would get along with my dog. I think I'd have to get doggie downers for her after a week of Roomba.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I'm curious about how well it works, especially on wood floors.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I like my Roomba, even if I don't run it enough. It does a great job on heavy carpet and will pick up little things on hard floors. The also have version with water for cleaning hard floors.

7. Hurricane J

Hurricane J New Member

One of my favorite things on earth, following Mrs. J. and the two dogs, of course. We've had one for a little more than a year. At first the dogs were curious and wanted to play with it or they ran away from it. Now they don't really care much about it. And, yes, it works well on the wood floors.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I've had a tough time with mine.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'll answer multiple posts with one...

My place doesn't have a whole lot of stuff in it. I live like an 18-year-old. Barely any furniture. So I haven't had huge issues. If you have something that doesn't leave it enough space to get around, it is going to bump into it, back off and head in the other direction. It won't be able to get into cramped areas that are smaller than the Roomba itself.

As for hardwood floors, it does really well on mine.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Can never ever hear about this marvelous little tool without thinking of "Woomba: The Little Pink Robot that Cleans Your Noonie."

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing. The look on Tina Fey's face is priceless.

And it's not noonie! It's Nuuuuni!

Oh, wrong skit ...

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

That silence you hear is SportsJournalists.com masturbation nation contemplating Tina Fey's noonie.

Draft saved Draft deleted