1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"roomates on the road"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

You BITCH!!!!

I HATE THE COLTS!!! HATE THEM!!!!

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dear BYH,

We made the playoffs, again. How dull.

Love,

Tony and Peyton

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah you suck! Watching videos until 3 a.m. is for loos ...

Whoa, wait a minute ... VHI Classic is showing a bloc of Greg Kihn Band videos and a Remote Control marathon at 3:30 a.m.?

Better call the front desk for that late checkout again!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't know what kind of high-falutin pub you worked at that gets you hotel rooms with the Classic...but bless you, Bubbler. Bless you.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've got sleep apnea, and I won't subject anyone else to the snores. I'd pay extra to room alone.

I've been blood-tested for homophobia, BTW, and it came out negative.

6. Bubbler

Kissing my ass is not going to make me reconsider whether I share my room. You're out, BYH, you'll have to watch Greg Kihn in your own hotel! :D

Of course, in Zagoshe's fantasy world, he probably thinks I'm afraid your presence might trigger a latent desire to make you my male Kihncubine.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Still sounds like a lot of whining and homophobia to me. Sorry, it just does.

That being said, in this economic climate I am surprised sharing rooms is not the norm in this biz -- and I bet if you ask most people who work for athletic departments as SID's or trainers or whatever --when they go on the road for games, they all have to share rooms.

Now why are they able to do it but reporters can't?

Are they less homophobic than reporters?

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

As mentioned earlier in this thread...if every post on here makes you think of men having sex with other men, maybe that says more about you than it does the people you're trying to paint.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I, for one, refuse to room with IJAG because she keeps trying to jump me.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

All I know is this - whenever the subject is broached in our shop it is always roundly and soundly shouted down and the main objection seems to be adults shouldn't have to share rooms with other adults.

To which I always ask -- "why can people who work for university athletic departments do it year after year after year and survive it and we can't?"

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

But we've given you a dozen reasons why someone might think that. But all you see is that we're all secretly afraid of same-sex sex.

12. Bubbler

Says the dude who unabashedly advertises his love of The Incredible Hulk to the world.

The ripped up clothes, the anger-fueled testosterone, the mournful piano music when he walks away.

It appears at least someone likes him when he's angry. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Of course, the three paragraphs above are spurious bullshit and totally ridiculous. Now you know how the rest of us feel when you throw your dumb ass, esq.-like theorems against the wall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.