1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

rookie assignment editor question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by writing irish, Sep 17, 2008.

1. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

Yea, completely. As a recent grad, if any of those scenarios were brought to me by an editor, I would have been satisfied. Even the "sink or swim" idea would have been reasonable. It a job. You can either do it - or not.

And if the answer is not, let them go and give me a call. I'm currently unemployed.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ah. No wonder you aren't bashing editors -- you don't have one!

Good luck. Hang in there.

3. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

I have had three in college and was an intern for a "real" one. And I got zero direction from all of them.

I say "real" because it was for one of those online mags that doesn't pay you.

But yea Ace, I don't bash 'em 'cause I don't have 'em. It's true.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The kid goes out a while ago to talk to the family of a guy killed in a wreck early this morning. Other guy in the car survives and is in the hospital. The kid tells me the family talked to the survivor for a few minutes but he didn't ask the family any questions as to their conversation with the survivor, only that they said the guy is responsive. Well, what degree of responsive? What did they talk about? Did the guy remember anything about the wreck?

Details, people. Details.

These little things that bug me.

Draft saved Draft deleted