1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

roofers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The guy from the city just called me back. The law says 7 a.m. Nothing I can do, I guess.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Then I guess this thread can end.

3. Smallpotatoes

Yep, as usual, I'm wrong, they're right. They win, I lose. I might as well just shower and get all the dust out of my hair and go to work.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is the whining over yet?

5. Smallpotatoes

Heavy machinery being operated that could wake up Marlee Matlin being operated eight feet directly above me, grainy dust that may be highly toxic for all I know raining down on me and me thinking (mistakenly, I admit) that work was started before it could legally start.
    Yeah, I'm being a big baby about this.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Seriously, though ... get some earplugs (or put some music through some headphones), throw some heavy, dark curtains on the windows, take a Tylenol PM and crash.

Worse comes to worse, thumbtack an unfolded trash bag to the ceiling over your head to catch the dust each day.

There are many steps you can take to get through this without starting a pissing match with your landlord and his roofers.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

As I mentioned before...it's not just this thread. I can't think of a single thread you've started that isn't "Oh, woe is me, my life is so hard" and when people try to help you come back swinging and being defensive and rude. First it was your car. Then it's how bad your job is. Or the parents. Or whatever. It never ends.

You may be as big of a one-trick pony as DyePack.

8. Smallpotatoes

What can I say, Ijag, you're a better person than I am.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Were you trying to prove my point?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd say drink a six pack before you go to bed. That helps me sleep through damn near anything.

11. Smallpotatoes

Nope, you really are a better person. I wish I could put up with this half as well as you probably could.

12. joe

joe Active Member

What you think is right above you most likely isn't. No matter where they're working on the roof, it always sounds like they're right on top of you. Sound travels mighty good through plywood, and besides that it's unnatural to hear someone above you like that when you're sleeping.

Draft saved Draft deleted