1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ronnie James Dio RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, May 16, 2010.

1. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Just as I was thinking about telling a friend of mine, a history teacher, about the Dio thread here on SJ. com, the very next song on the radio this morning was ...

Rainbow in the Dark.

Speak to me, o small but large-voiced one!
    There's no sign of the morning coming! You've been left on your own! Like a rainbow in the dark!

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That is odd, isn't it? In fact, Black Sabbath is one of the few old-time hard rock/metal bands that could do a true "reunion" tour, since all the members of its classic/original lineup are still living.

KISS and Deep Purple are two others. I guess you could put Van Halen on that list too, though I count them as a generation later than those other three.

Anybody I'm leaving off?

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I don't think Peter Criss is able to perform anymore. At least not in a full concert setting. Isn't Aerosmith pretty much in tact?

I'd throw the Sex Pistols in there too. The original members are all kicking.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Good call on Aerosmith, but the Sex Pistols died with Sid Vicious. I know he wasn't an original member, but he's who people think of when they think of SP's "classic" lineup.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted