1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ronnie Brown done for season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Msaint, Oct 22, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Four games w/Trent Green: 19.5 ppg
    Three games w/Cleo Lemon: 26 ppg

(We'll count the game in which Green was injured as Lemon's game, since Trent Green threw just two passes in that one.)

Cleo Lemon is not hurting the Dolphins either.

However, a defense that has allowed 30+ five of the last six games is. The loss of Ronnie Brown will not change that.

2. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Oh because it's Cameron's fault he inherited a pile of poo. Check out Peter King's column this morning. The Dolphins drafted and traded for 56 players from 1998-03. Zero are on the roster. None, zilch. Freaking incredible.

As for drafting Ginn, I can somewhat understand the thinking. The Dolphins thought they'd have a great defense this season, Cameron would improve the offense (which he's done going from about 16 ppg to 22 ppg), and that Ginn could be a difference maker on special teams. They didn't have Quinn rated much higher than Beck or Trent Edwards.

Ronnie Brown and the Dolphins O-Line has improved tremendously this season. Look, I don't know if the guy can be a successful head coach but he can coach offense. I think Cameron's system can make any running back relatively productive. Heck he's got Cleo Lemon playing at a decent level.

It's gone a little unnoticed the type of season that Ronnie Brown produced. Heading into yesterday he led the entire NFL in yards from scrimmage, was on his way to his fifth straight 100-yard rushing game yesterday, is fourth in the league in rushing (5.1 ypc) and has caught a career-high 39 passes for 389 yards.

As for drafting a RB first in the draft, that's about 30th on their list of needs right now. They'll likely trade out of the top spot anyway.

3. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Flopflipper beat me to it: King's numbers were astounding. ZERO players left from a six-year span! That's incredible.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If they truly thought their awful defense would be great, they should be fired immeditely.

5. Msaint

Msaint Member

Fixed.

6. Well, yeah. They were winless with Brown, but I still say their chances of winning a game are better with Brown.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Bad year for Auburn's 2004 backfield.

Jason Campbell is a dead man walking.

8. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

The Dolphins' selection of Ginn was indefensible. I don't think Brady Quinn would have been the best pick ever either, just because I think Kevin Kolb and John Beck were both guys who weren't much different than Quinn.

But Teddy Ginn?

Trade the damn pick before you take him in the top ten.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I have him on one of my fantasy teams, but yahoo won't let me drop him.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

The problem is a) no pass rush which means b) horrible secondary exposed.
    Tack on the numerous injuries at safety and this defense is horrible.
    The offense, even without Chambers is decent.
    OL is playing damn good from where they were the first two weeks of the season.
    If Miami pulls off the upset of the Giants, Lemon will stay the starter, if not, John Beck will get the call after the bye week.
    He played OK in the preseason and I know this is not the preseason but if this kid is going to amount to something, he'll be showing it in December.
    And if Ricky Williams is back, the O could be fun to watch.
    But that defense, ouch!
    Miami will pick the best DL or SS with the first selection.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Didn't Ricky get suspended again?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted