1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ronnie Brown done for season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Msaint, Oct 22, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think he meant the Dolphins.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Either way. :D

3. I think the Dolphins have a much better chance of getting a win than Doc, though.

I mean, shit, if you can't beat me ...

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fantasyfootballooserjack!

Bad news for my non-SportsJournalists.com league, too. A killer with Rudi Johnson and Shaun Alexander both being complete busts and Travis Henry's days possibly being numbered.

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

The Jets are still on the schedule so there's still a possibility they could win a game.

6. Yes, which is why I said a possibility. If it werent for the Jets, I'd say 0-16 would be a slam dunk.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Since the Dolphins were 0-7 with Ronnie Brown, I don't see how losing him hurts their chances of winning all that much.

Our fantasy football teams, now that's a different story.

8. Really? They have Cleo Lemon at quarterback, they traded away Chris Chambers, and they've lost their only offensive threat. You don't think that hurts their chances of winning?

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Next step: fire Cam Cameron

10. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Ronnie Brown was Miami's only semblance of offensive production. Without him? They're fucked.

Miami has screwed themselves for about four years now in the draft. The once-vaunted defense is filled with aging players like Thomas, Holliday and Taylor. They Phins took offensive players in the first four rounds in last year's draft, and I read in USA Today this weekend that they have something like six of their draftees from '98 thru '04 on the roster. They let McMichael -- the catalyst in that offense for a few years -- go, they traded Chambers, and they still haven't found a competent quarterback since Marino left.

And they took a kick returner in the top ten last year.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Correct. They are already winless with Ronnie Brown. So it does not affect their chances of winning. Perhaps Jesse Chatman can do just as well.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That move is looking dumber by the day. Is Beck becoming the next Marino with this bunch?

Draft saved Draft deleted