1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Washington: Rangers manager

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 6, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this is cool. couldn't happen to a better guy. and he's about the least likely looking guy to end up managing a major league baseball team in the sense that these days most managers look just as comfy in a suit as in a uniform.

2. harrydoyle

harrydoyle New Member

Jones is correct. Wash is both hilarious and profane and honest to a fault. This job couldn't happen to a better baseball guy. And mustard, that was Butch Hobson you were thinking of on the base theft, not Wash.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

A little too proud to say that I acquired SID's nicely referenced motherfucker quote, back when I was a young baseball pup. I asked Wash to expand upon that answer, and he gave me a beautiful, profane, passionate lecture -- 45 minutes in length -- about the value of the bunt. One of my best interviews ever.

Almost worth living in Dallas to sit down with him everyday. Rangers beat guys should be thanking the Great Lord Giamatti in the Sky tonight.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Oh, Wash certainly pulled it off, as well.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ron Washington -- utility infielder legend.

He's a first ballot 80s utility infielder HOFer, along with Ed Romero, Steve Jeltz and Wayne Krenchicki.

Draft saved Draft deleted