1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Washington: Coke Is It

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Crazy story: Rangers manager tested positive for cocaine in 2009.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/03/17/washington/index.html?eref=sircrc

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I hope the signal for stealing third wasn't twitching and rubbing your nose.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think it was sniffle twice and ended with teeth grinding.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Josh Hamilton is appalled.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

One time only, huh Ron?

Does anyone just wake up one day and figure they'll just do cocaine that day for fun, never having done it before?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I know the song that'll be playing in road ballparks when he makes a pitching change.

Eric Clapton just had dollar signs light up in his eyes and doesn't know why.

9. bjot

bjot New Member

This test was in 2009 and the Rangers organization handeled the situation. Why kick a man when he is down?

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This name has to be somebody's idea of a joke. You cannot possibly be that dense.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

...as I think Clint Hurdle picked the BEST organization to become the hitting coach for, when looking at upward mobility.

"Um, yup, I'll see if the team with the cokehead manager hires me. I'll be back in the big chair by Memorial Day."

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Seriously, I can understand getting all caught up in the coke lifestyle in your 20s (*I* didn't but I know many who did)...but at age 57? That's an issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted