1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Suskind: "The One Percent Doctrine"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jun 22, 2006.

1. 85bears

85bears Member

Terrificly reported excerpt in Time this week of the WSJ reporter's new book on a terrorist plot to gas New York subways earlier this decade.

Suskind is becoming an indispensible chronicler of our time when it comes to national affairs. The heir to Sy Hersh's throne.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Heard him back at a seminar several years ago and he was shockingly good. Just outstanding.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ron Suskind Ron Suskind Ron Suskind - he's everywhere this week selling his book. Liberals all over the country are lactating and tripping opver themselves touting Ron Suskind.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's only fair. Last week it was all Ann Coulter.

5. 85bears

85bears Member

Really? I thought the excerpt was extremely middle-of-the-road. I certainly didn't exit it thinking, "This terrorist threat is so overblown!"

I'm a centrist politically, but I'm very, very big on the watchdog function of the free press.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

type Ron Suskind into search function on this site - you'll see that Fenian and JR had a contest to see who could quote Ron Suskind the most during course of day.

7. 85bears

85bears Member

I think that any administration - GOP or Democrat - should be the subject of exhaustive scrutiny. To me, that's patriotic because you're working for the people so that they can know the truth about how their government operates.

I hate when we, the media, become the story. "Liberal bias," etc. Not that there aren't bad reporters and not that the business is infallible. But I feel like there is far too much scrutiny of the media and far too little non-partisan scrutiny of the government.

8. thanks for stopping by, ron ;D

9. 85bears

85bears Member

Ha!

10. And, once again, your point is?
    Suskind's been right from minute one about this bunch.
    This is just more terrific reporting.
    And people suck up to a high-rent stenographer like Woodward.

Draft saved Draft deleted