1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Springs in a coma

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

After having a bad reaction to anasthesia following surgery.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-springs,0,1270369.story

Seven months ago he received a kidney from former teammate Everson Walls.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Here's to hoping Ron Springs recovers. What Everson Walls did was an amazing gesture. Somewhere, Tom Landry is smiling ...

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I remember reading about Ron Springs' rookie year, when the veterans were making veterans sing their college fight songs during training camp as part of a hazing ritual.

He wouldn't do it, they kept giving him shit and he finally stood up and said, 'If you guys want to hear me sing, step up and make me.' And he wound up not singing.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know, man. A blood transfusion is a gesture. A kidney seems like a bit more than a gesture.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Whatever you wish to label it. I always thought Everson Walls was an underrated cornerback during his career. Apparently, he was also a grossly underrated good guy ...

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Although I hate(d) the Cowboys, I always loved Everson Walls... his rookie card was always one of my favorites... I think he had 11 picks his rookie year...

Anyway, best of wishes to Ron Springs...

Draft saved Draft deleted