1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Prince saga at K-State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, May 31, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

wow some story - thanks for linking BW

2. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

Mark, you have me laughing.

Once heard a similar phrase when an NCAA investigator actually returned my call. The start of the call from his end went like this: "(Gutenberg), you must be a very important person because I'm returning your call."

That also was the one and only time anyone on the NCAA enforcement staff ever returned a call of mine.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Prince ruffled feathers early by moving away from Snyder's obsessive blueprint right from the start. Sure, Prince wanted to leave his own print on the program but -- if you are going to follow Snyder and NOT be one of his ex-assistants from Kansas or Oklahoma then you had better win a ton of games.

Now it will be a different time for Snyder compared to when he first "turned" KSU from 1994-96. When the Big XII first got together in 1996, Oklahoma was in the midst of the Boo Blake Era, Texas was a paper tiger and A&M was at the start of its decade-long descent into mediocrity. Now the South kicks tail. As mentioned above, Nebraska is coming back, Kansas and Missouri are legit programs -- although they may not hit their 'highs' of 2007 and 2008. Colorado is starting to solidify.

And, remember this as well...

Kansas is better. Missouri is better.

Mangino and Pinkel have memories of "54-6 style" embarrassments in Manhattan (and even Lawrence -- where KSU spanked the Jayhawks for years under Snyder). KU and MU will take absolute glee in keeping the spread offense passing and passing in the fourth quarter against Snyder this year.

Unless Michael Bishop can come back under center for the Purple, I don't see any dramatic improvement this time around. Yes, Snyder did it "the right way" and was able to see it through. Yet the landscape has also changed dramatically in the 10 years since K-State hit their apex under Snyder.

Draft saved Draft deleted