1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Prince saga at K-State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, May 31, 2009.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Just because:

2. VH1 Classic has a football team?

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

DAMMIT. Del beat me to it.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Didn't this exact same thing happen with Rollie Massimino at UNLV?

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with most of what you said. But while Missouri will likely be a little down this year, Kansas and Nebraska should arguably be better. Colorado is probably getting better too. That makes it even tougher on K-State, especially since KU's program is on solid, if not spectacular, ground.

The other thing about K-State's hey day with Snyder the first time around was that it wasn't just based on JUCO talent, Snyder also landed just about all of the limited number if Big 12-caliber players in state. That's shifted the other way with KU getting kids such as Nick Reid and Kerry Meier (whose older brothers both were starters at K-State).

The secret deal with Prince surprises me, but isn't quite shocking. It seemed when he was hired the Wildcats were desperate to convince the world and themselves he was some sort of young coaching genius. His entire time there was just strange.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

You mean they have a new quarterback?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Snyder gets Bill Walsh Part II at Stanford or John Robinson II at USC - fans should be satisfied.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you hire a know-nothing buffoon to be your athletic director. After this whole story came out, Bob Krause was basically forced to step down from his cushy job at the new campus in Olathe. The story is he didn't have K-State's lawyers present when Prince, Prince's attorney and him agreed to this whole thing.

That's the basis of K-State's lawsuit against Prince and what will probably nullify the entire agreement.

I was pretty meh on Prince after his second year and he should NEVER have gotten a contract extension before last season. K-State fans have absolutely no idea why Krause would risk everything on Prince, who proved to be a substandard coach with major fallacies in recruiting and execution at best in his program.

And while I agree that hiring Snyder back was probably not the best solution, my hope is that he trains up one of his assistants and steps down in two-three years and lets him take over the program.

By all means and from what I've heard out of the program since Snyder took over, we should definitely have an improved year over last year and should at least crack the top half of the Big 12 North.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The scary thing about that is I've been to other schools/pro teams that have copied it.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

If the Big 12 were to go to one division, I don't think it would be allowed to have a championship game. I think a conference has to have 12 teams AND split into divisions to have one.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm just sad it took 13 posts to get it there.

I doubt if Snyder's return will get K-State above fourth in the division. Mizzou and KU are the best they've been in a generation. Nebraska's about to get really damn good again. I'm not sold on Colorado, but they should be better than KSU.

the problem for the north is that with Nebraska's fall, there isn't a truly powerhouse program. It's gonna be a long, long time before a north team wins the title.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I feel sorry for anyone who had to deal with Ron Prince, even once.

I hate to see anyone fail, but it stung less when he did because his arrogance was the stuff of legend.

Draft saved Draft deleted