1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Paul: Man of Integrity

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 15, 2011.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dude practices what he preaches. Let 'em die if they gambled on no health insurance and lost. We all have the freedom to do that. Even our campaign managers.

http://gawker.com/5840024/ron-pauls-campaign-manager-died-of-pneumonia-penniless-and-uninsured

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I've seen this story circulated before.

1) There's no connection between the man's death and his lack of health insurance. He clearly received medical care.

2) I keep waiting for someone to ask Paul if he donated to the family's charity to pay for the medical bills.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do all uninsured have a Ron Paul to cover the bill?

4. RickStain

I dunno. Maybe. But this uninsured was specifically picked out for his connection to Ron Paul, so what Ron Paul did would seem to be relevant information.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No big surprise. What do you expect of a party in which the spectators at a debate cheer when someone without health insurance dies because they can't afford the payments?

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

To be fair, the example quoted was a healthy 30-year old with a good job who chose not to be insured, gambling that he was healthy anyway. Still an asshole move to cheer someone dying, though.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe we can eat the uninsured. Win. Win.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone know why the mother of a single man would be responsible for his medical bills after he dies?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No doubt she has no legal responsibility, but reprehensible bill collectors do things like this all the time.

10. RickStain

I dunno, it was probably in the well-researched story which did not in any way try to score cheap political points by making an emotional appeal.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A Modest Proposal?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Have them as a fuel source for our cars.

Oh, wait, the Koch Brothers would not like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted