1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Matthews leaving Seattle PI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fletch_F._Fletch, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Just heard that Seattle PI sports editor Ron Matthews is leaving his post to take a job running the Sonics' publications. Tore me up to hear the news. Ron has always been one of my favorite guys in the business. Fun to chat with, full of innovative ideas, loyal and certainly energetic. There aren't enough guys like him in this business.

So Ron, good luck in your new position. The newspaper world will miss you!

2. So he's leaving one sinking ship for another??

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I'd say the P-I is sinking a lot more sinking than the Sonics.

5. statrat

statrat Member

The whole city of Seattle is sinking under the weight of the recent snowfall

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

Abandon ship!!!!!!

7. Whew....if that's not a bad sign, I don't know what is. We also had one of our columnists leave for a team-related publication. Took a slight cut in pay, but he says it's the most stress-free "journalism" job he's ever had.

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I'm surprised by this - unless Ron knows something we don't about the Sonics' future, I don't see this gig lasting much longer than a gig at the PI would.

9. What was the set-up in the P-I sports department?
    I see that two "sports editors" were listed, Mathews and Rousso.

Were they really equals?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe he's the one guy on the face of the earth who loves oklahoma.

Draft saved Draft deleted