1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Hunter and Samaritan's Feet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm sure you've all heard about IUPUI hoops coach Ron Hunter's smashing success in his coaching-barefoot stunt to get 40,000 pairs of shoes for Samaritan's Feet, a charity that delivers shoes to children who have never had them. So far, Hunter's effort is at 110,000 pairs and counting.

As an IUPUI alum, I'm going total fanboy here and saying Hunter's passion and humility for the cause has made me especially proud to be associated with the school.

If you want to donate, you can go here -- http://www.samaritansfeet.org/. $29.99 buys two pair of shoes (not Starburys). If you want to tell me why Ron Hunter is misguided and I'm a chump, feel free to let me have it.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Tremendous story. Apparently he's going to be ABC News' "Person of the Week". I'll have to check that out tonight.
  3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No shit. Heavy's coaching at IUPUI...
Draft saved Draft deleted