1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Drogo, (spnited), RIP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Frank_Ridgeway, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This popped up in the FB memories, 10 years ago today, spnited was buried. He died on 2/20/11.

It was weird going to the funeral of someone you never met but knew pretty well because of a phantom funny farm such as SJ.com.

I met a few SJ'ers at the funeral including Mr. Hofstra.

After the funeral I asked Ron's wife where I could get a bite to eat before going back to Trenton. She suggested Meadowlands Diner because it's close to the turnpike. It was getting dark and I was unfamiliar with the area. I was still consumed with the funeral and the emotions. I arrived at Meadowlands Diner and walked into the building. I recognized the stench of lust, B.O., and desperation right away. It was dark and the music was loud and some dudes were sitting in chairs by a stage. My kind of joint. I turned to my right and saw a woman in heels dancing next to a pole. Tight body, great tits. This wasn't the Meadowlands Diner. I wanted to stay but walked outside and saw a nondescript building across the lot and figured that was the diner even though the blinds were pulled down. I went inside and ate matzo ball soup then went home to Trenton. Anyway, this photo is from 10 years ago today.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted