1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Artest and culture

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://thebiglead.com/?p=6936#more-6936

So if I'm reading Ron right, his anger management difficulties are just part of his culture, and he will not change that.

Great, Ron. Thanks for perpetuating a stereotype that being a thug is acceptable behavior in the black community. It's not true, but apparently it works for you.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

“If you go back to the brawl, that’s a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me, so he’s got to understand where I’m coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed.”

So why does anybody want this fucking moron on their team?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Good to know, Ron. With that in mind, you're hereby suspended indefinitely, since by your own admission -- more accurately, proclamation -- your previous season-long suspension was unsuccessful in impacting you with the importance of controlling your behavior."

--David Stern

Good question. Just for shits and giggles, the aggregate W-L record in NBA games in which Ron Artest has actually played is about 200-335.

Screw-loose nut cases do not help teams win. At best, they can be tolerated.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

"Ron Artest" could be a Jeopardy category one day. He's one of the rare trainwrecks that brings me spectacular joy.

5. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

What, pray tell, would Ron Artest be doing on this great planet of ours, if he couldn't play basketball?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He always looked a little like Webster to me.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm better looking.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I hope TBL squirted him with seltzer water.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My bad.

Emanuel Lewis ("he's the anti-Christ").

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Selling 137 rap CDs.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Scarier consideration: There's a significantly large segment of the population that agrees with him.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

He'd either be dead or have been in jail 15 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted