1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romo: Underwood-Hit the Bricks, Hello Jessica Simpson!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Jun 2, 2007.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Is there any way we can work Kelly Clarkson into this mess? Then Tony would have hit the trifecta of Texas pop princesses.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

can you say downgrade?

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ditto. I've already reserved a seat for her on my face loveseat.

As for the Dallas QB, he needs to change his name to Tony Homo.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I almost went to EIU and attended their solid journalism department. I instead went to Illinois Central College, where I learned just about all I needed to know about journalism while getting an associate's, and to finish up my bachelor's, I attended Illinois State -- one of the worst journalism schools. But, hey, thankfully, this job is about work, not degrees.

5. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Underwood is an Okie, not a Texan.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I call bullshit on the whole Jessica angle. She's attached at the hip with John Mayer.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shit, Shot, I just realized that the new tagline policy kills the Coda Kitties.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Sorry printdust . . . this wire story just crossed:

BOSTON (AP) - For once the National Enquirer may have actually gotten a story correct.
    Tony Romo has fumbled again at the goal line. Reports out of the Enquirer suggesting a secret affair between Jessica Simpson and Romo behind the back of Grammy Award-winning country singer Carrie Underwood are true.
    A source close to Underwood has confirmed that the country singer confronted Romo about the rumors and he didn't deny them. The source close to Underwood also confirmed she already had a backup plan should she slip from the grasp of Romo, which most football fans know is a forgone conclusion with anything he touches in a critical moment.
    But Underwood's backup plan isn't as high profile a figure. According to the source, who is part of Underwood's touring group, he is a sportswriter from Massachusetts who met Underwood during a charity event last summer.
    All the source could offer up was that this new man goes by the name RedSmithClone on a very popular message board for sports journalists worldwide.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sumbitch. That is definitely not cool.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll fit in your sidesaddle.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'll try it when I get home. But damn.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Seriously, why does anyone care on whose stomach Tony Romo makes his love explosions?

Draft saved Draft deleted