1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney Suspending Campaign?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Sort of. It's a technical term that lets him keep his delegates to the convention. But he's not going to be going after any more.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That show ground to an abrupt halt in 2006.

3. A good thing happened to the Republican party today.
    A better thing would be for Straight Talkin' John to kick CPAC in the teeth, but he won't have to now.
    Does the party realize it?
    We shall see.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I keep waiting for McCain to have a moment like Nixon in the Nixon movie (I know it never really happened.).

When Larry Hagman says, "Are you threatening me?"

And Nixon (Anthony Hopkins) says, " I'm the President. I don't make threats. I don't have to."

McCain should just go up to CPAC and say, "Who the hell us you going to vote for? Shove your conservative principals up your cornhole. You want Hillary to win, go aheads jackasses!"

Flip 'em off and walk off the stage.

5. That was what he did in SC in 2000.
    That was then.
    This is now.
    He wouldn't even have to be that harsh. "Hey, I'll met you halfway on some of this stuff. I still think campaign finance is broken, but you'll get the judges you want. I'm in on tax cuts if you're in on the war. Let's go to work."

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Your SCOTUS judges . . . selected by Sam Brownshirt and Jon Kyl.

Uhhhhhhhh . . . no.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Couldn't he at least tell Rush that he's a fat, limp dick, pill-popping son of a bitch? I mean, at the least?

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He has goddamn nothing to lose, by doing so, given the raw sewage that's eminated out of Slow's ample piehole on the issue at hand, for many moons.

9. OK, works for me.
    I'm not advocating this, ben. Just suggesting what St. John could say in his First Epistle To The Wingnuts.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I read somewhere that the RNC was going to "strongly encourage" Romney and Huckabee to get out of the race since there was really no way either was going to win the nomination and having the party united behind one candidate is the best way to win...

Considering the amount of $$$ that Obama and Hillary are going to spend against each other to get the nomination, it seems like a pretty good move...

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Listening to McCain's speech right now. Talking about unity, blah, blah, blah. Lists his conservative principals. FISA.

Seems like he's starting his national campaign: Hillary/Obama bad; Iraq War good.

Radical Islamic extremists. Size of the government. Says he won't sign a bill with earmarks. Lower taxes.

The only difference I see between him and Hillary/Obama is the war, a war which the majority of Americans are against. Not good for him.

Nothing about Rush's limpness.

EDIT: Listened to the whole thing. Here's a basic summation: I'm sorry! Please vote for me! Please!

Draft saved Draft deleted