1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney Suspending Campaign?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You'd think the guy would be a lot broader, after swallowing all that Kool-Aid in hogshead-size containers over all these months.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I really thought that Mitt's religion would not be an issue in this campaign but it clearly was. ( See Charlie Daniels web site as example)

In many pockets, this country still is very narrowed minded.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

He's quitting because Cinton and Obama are terrorists?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Do you think those pockets are made up more of conservative voters Boom? It seems that way to me with the nominees the Dems have left standing.

5. Mitt Romney wants to <i>increase</i> our military presence in Iraq.

I say that classifies him as a wingnut.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Think that got factored out, in favor of a more broad-based general revulsion.
    Of everyone, he was making the most outrageous promises, by far. His performance in Michigan was shameful.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yeah, THAT'S what it was. Religious persecution.

8. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Guess Supreme chickenhawks Lambaugh and 'Lil Boy Hannity are pissed. I do agree that it does open the window for Bloomberg to make his third party bid.

I still think W is going to manufacture some WWE-like event right before the election that allows him to hold power just awhile longer. Just a feeling, but a sinking one at that.

9. It hurt him, but only with the hardest of the hardcore religious right, and there turned out to be more of them than he thought there'd be. I think whoever cited "general revulsion" above had the right of it. I've never seen a field in which all the other candidates, without exception, so obviously hated a fellow candidate. Even in 1992, when some of the other Dems had no use for Bill Clinton, it wasn't like this . Hell,, more of them liked Rudy! and he's the least likable man in the universe.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Why would you say that? Bloomberg skews very liberal and is a Republican for reasons of convenience. If he were to get one vote from someone who voted for Romney, I'd be shocked. The only thing they share is a love of money.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

With Romney out and Hillary teetering, doubt The Mayor will play. But impossible to know for certain.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes - I think those voters went to Huck.

At least we learned that there are some Republicans that will not fall in lock step with what Sean and Rush want.

Draft saved Draft deleted