1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney Suspending Campaign?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 7, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Edit: Damnit.. this is a d_b... it was posted two minutes before me in the Super Tuesday thread.
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Damn.. would have liked to see an actual race on both sides... I like McCain, but competition from someone who isn't a total wingnut keeps him honest
  3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Uh . . . Romney's been doing a pretty good job impersonating a wingnut for months, now.
  4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, I solely meant Huckabee
  5. patchs

patchs Active Member

Is suspending campaign the same as withdrawing?
    It's not like there's a ton of primaries coming up in the next few weeks, just 5-6.
    Romney could jump back in if Huckabee cuts into McCain's lead. Highly unlikely, but possible.
  6. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Huckabee hurts Romney more than McCain. Romney is going to see Huckabee in his nightmares until he shuffles off this mortal coil.
  7. The real FU moment is going to come in the middle of next week, when the Huck quits and endorses McCain. If Huck's got any balls, he flies to Boston to do it.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I, for one, would love to see Mitt run as an independent third party candidate.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Michael Bloomberg as a 3rd party Candidate.
  10. Fixed.

And you have to love this part, from the Mittster's speech:

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

He's quitting because we're at war.
  11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He should have made a 3-minute speech and left it at that.

His foofery in tying it all in to the Europeans and their ho-mo-sex-u-al-i-tee and demographics was rich.
  12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It was as though midway through the speech he turned into the current president.

All of that war-mongering, even against China, was pretty scary.
Draft saved Draft deleted