1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney drops back ... Huckabee with the pressure ... he fires the Hail Mary ....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 3, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: Romney drops back ... Huckabee with the pressure ... he fires the Hail Mary

Because Iowa and New Hampshire are a test of a candidate's ability to put together an organization and do honest to goodness retail politics.

And Dole did win Iowa in 1988, with Robertson second.

Clinton finishing third in 1992 is not material, though, because Tom Harkin was running and won something obscene like 76 percent of the vote. No one else even campaigned in Iowa.

On the Democratic side, the past three nominees have won Iowa -- and Dean's third essentially ended his campaign the last time out.

On the GOP side, five of the last six nominees won Iowa, with Dole in 1988 being the lone exception.

Those obviously include incumbents, but the point remains: The caucuses matter.

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

I wonder if there are people who get visits from Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. I always thought with Jehovah's Witnesses when they would offer the two books for a nickel each, I should have purchased one but complained about the editorial policy of the other publication.

Draft saved Draft deleted