1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney drops back ... Huckabee with the pressure ... he fires the Hail Mary ....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

...so to speak. :D

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/12/03/pressed_romney_to_speak_on_his_mormonism/

This is either Mitt's JFK moment, or his last hurrah.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

More contorting by the Mittster, against a guy he'll be hard-pressed to hang close to in Iowa . . . unless he does what he should do -- start pounding hard at the weakest planks (and there are plenty) in MH's personal platform. If he can't make hay doing that, Mitt's doomed, anyway.

MH has "VP Nom" tattooed on his forehead for '08, anyway . . . it makes so much sense for the GOP, on so many levels.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Romney drops back ... Huckabee with the pressure ... he fires the Hail Mary

Ignore this story at your peril, y'all. You will be sick of it by Thursday.

4. He's only been talking about giving this speech since February.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Here's an interesting take on Huckabee for 24 fans.

http://rayrobison.typepad.com/ray_robison/2007/12/reasons-to-vote.html

6. Good lookalike photos.
    The rest of the site -- yeesh.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good luck with that, Mitt.

8. Re: Romney drops back ... Huckabee with the pressure ... he fires the Hail Mary

Meanwhile, the Huck hits a bump.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/03/politics/main3569614.shtml

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

People need to remember that New Hampshire and South Carolina are much more important than Iowa.

Didn't Dole win Iowa in 1988? I seem to remember Clinton finishing third in 1992...

I must admit it does annoy the hell out of me that three states like New Hampshire, South Carolina and Iowa play such an important role in these primaries.

How about they start the process in states that the candidate will actually have to win to get elected? I understand that there are certain states like California or New York or Texas that historically lean toward one party, but it seems like states like Ohio, Pennsylvania or maybe Florida would be a better way to gauge who the next leader of the free world should be.

10. IIRC, Pat Robertson won in Iowa in 1988.
    Anyway, it may not be worth all the attention, but anyone who finished third there on the R side is really damaged.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

I really have to question this. I mean, if you want to hear about the LDS, there are a whole bunch of kids in white shirts and ties who would explain the church to you.

12. I give them lemonade and send them on their way.
    We have more fun with the Jehovah's Witnesses, America's Other Door-To-Door Religion.

Draft saved Draft deleted