1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney a Lock - You Can Put it On the Board YESSSS!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Allow me one minute to bitch (yeah, I know it surprises you but I am going to bitch about something government related) about this primary process.

Can someone explain to me this schedule?

I mean, here it is, Super Tuesday, when, in most years the primary is decided, or at least the winner really takes control of the race and within a week or two it is over -- and my state, which happens to be one of the bigger states and one of the key election states - doesn't vote in the primaries FOR NEARLY SIX MORE WEEKS.

So our votes, while very important during the general election, are meaningless every single election cycle.

Why in the hell is this thing stretched out for four months or whatever. It isn't fair to voters in a lot of states after Super Tuesday and frankly renders their votes almost meaningless.

And then they wonder why people are not as engaged with the election process as they need to be.

Makes no sense, which, given our government's track record, is not a surprise.

2. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

When states hold their primaries has nothing to do with the government.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Obama has already been reelected and it will not be very close.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Candidate Declares: Some Paperwork Filed"

5. zagoshe

Actually - you are correct to a point - the government doesn't set the schedule, the parties do.

But, seeing as there are two parties and they run our government since the process is, for all intents and purposes, closed to new ideas since they have a monopoly -- well, it is the same idiots setting this schedule as the ones making decisions in Washington for our government.

So while the government does not technically set the schedule, well, the same people who run the government does set the schedule so it is all fruit of the same tree.

6. zagoshe

You are probably right, which speaks volumes about how terrible the GOP candidate pool is that they can't find someone capable of beating that lame.

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Primaries are held to determine nominees of the parties, and they can do that any way they choose.

They can have a ping-pong tournament to award their delegates if they like.

If you're unhappy with your party's process, then you need to attend your state's convention and make a motion from the floor to change it.

All this stuff gets decided by the people who show up.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I think my money would be on Ron Paul in a ping-pong tournament.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. zagoshe

I'm not a member of either party, so I never participate in primaries.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That cannot be real.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Then why are you bitching?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.