1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney a Lock - You Can Put it On the Board YESSSS!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Obama is going to get at least 350 electoral votes. Bank on it. It's over. Fact.

It doesn't matter if it's Romney, Newt, Paul or anyone else. This election will be won on Obama's record. Economy slowly turning around, wars almost over, health care reform passed, jobs saved.

Just accept it and start counting down until 1/20/17.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What offends me about this thread isn't Chris_L's stridency for Romney, but that he's making Hawk Harrelson references to do it.

Not only would Romney be a better president than Hawk, I'm not so sure Romney wouldn't be a better announcer too.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Intrade is interesting. It currently has Obama with a 60 percent chance at winning in November and the GOP with a 60 percent chance of taking the Senate. The GOP is also at 60 percent at keeping the House.
    Surprised the Senate number is so high considering the Snowe announcement. They need to net four if they don't win the White House.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Go on with it . . .

We'll give you all the rope you want . . .

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Shhh.

6. I was pretty happy with myself for the puns in the thread title. Putting political threads on the board and them getting locked and all.

Was I being too cute or obvious?

7. It should be noted that Santorum failed to qualify for the ballot in several of Ohio’s congressional districts making him ineligible to collect 18 of the 66 delegates at stake. That in a nutshell is the Santorum campaign.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Vote Mitt: The least incompetent candidate in the GOP field.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Area Man Runs For Office"

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If there's going to be any chance at this general election even being close, Santorum needs to bow out soon.

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

The Democrats are sure to lose North Dakota.

Even with Kerrey running for the Dems, Republicans are more likely than not to pick up the retiring Ben Nelson's seat in Nebraska.

Missouri has gotten more conservative in recent years, at least at the federal level. Republicans can definitely win that state. That would be 3.

Jon Tester is running against a very skilled and experienced opponent in Montana in Denny Rehberg (who, unlike Conrad Burns in '06, is more disciplined in what he says). That's going to be a tough hold. That would be 4.

New Mexico is an open seat. It should be friendly to Democrats because of the latino population, but it went strongly for the Republicans in 2010. Not a sure hold by any stretch.

I'm not as convinced as many that Elizabeth Warren is going to take down Scott Brown. Warren is certainly no Martha Coakley, but Brown is pretty popular there, and the state has a history of not being friendly to women candidates running for major offices. In fact, I'd say the Democrats have a better chance of flipping Olympia Snowe's seat than they do defeating Scott Brown.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So does this Hawkish thread title mean Steve Stone is the veep candidate? "For all you kids playing executive branch out there..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.