1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 12, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gimme Shelter.

2. [​IMG]

Are you Kurt?

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Of course the Stones famously embraced disco with "Miss You" (although it hardly sounds like the Village people or a Saturday Night Fever outtake, it is still a great groover) so this is as good a time as any to commemorate today's 33rd anniversary of the White Sox' infamous Disco Demolition Night:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Miss You.

I also like the movie You've Got Mail.

I make no apologies.

5. Rambler

Rambler Member

Too many to list, of course.

A few off the top of my head: Sway, Loving Cup, Monkey Man, Saint of Me (yeah, really), Stray Cat Blues ...

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I like Far Away Eyes but it's always hard for me to picture Mick driving through Bakersfield on a Sunday morning.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

It may be an odd choice considering it sort of mutes some of the band's best components, but I think I like "Play with Fire" best.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Perhaps not the best but a great one. Beginning is great.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

"Saint of Me" is fun live. And all of your choices there are great ones.

10. Quakes

Quakes Guest

Three (among many Stones songs I love) that haven't been mentioned yet: Moonlight Mile, Memory Motel, and their cover of Love In Vain.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Went to the eye doctor today and after getting those nasty drops that dilate your pupils walking home in the blazing mid day sun was no treat.

Immediately brought to mind what might be my fave line in any Stones song:

"The sunshine bores the daylights out of me."

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If all disco music was as great as 'Miss You,' we'd still be in the midst of the disco era.
    Great song.

Draft saved Draft deleted