1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 12, 2012.

1. The Rolling Stones played their first show 50 years ago today.

I'm trying to figure out what my favorite Stones song is (many to choose from). What's your favorite Stones song?

May do a poll later.

2. joe

joe Active Member

1. Sympathy for the Devil
    1a. Gimme Shelter

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Gimme Shelter

4. Those are two of my favorites as well. I'd add Paint It Black and Can't You Hear Me Knocking to the list.

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Gimme Shelter

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yessir.

And Wild Horses, if only for its use during Lil' Sebastien's funeral on Parks & Rec. SPOILER.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Loving Cup

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Tumbling Dice", although that could be subject to change at any time and become "Brown Sugar", "Honky Tonk Women", "Midnight Rambler", "Stray Cat Blues", "Gimme Shelter". "Rip This Joint", "Dead Flowers", "When the Whip Comes Down", "All Down The Line" and at least a dozen others.

Fave Stones obscurity is "Sway". A few others in the mix: "Jigsaw Puzzle", "Little T&A", "Neighbours", "You Got Me Rockin'", "Hold On To Your Hat".

Fave album - with no question - is Exile, but I do love Some Girls, Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers. I know a lot of people figure they should have hung it up ages ago, but I can find something worthwhile on every Stones album since Tattoo You.

"Satisfaction" went No. 1 in the US the day I was born, July 10, 1965. Maybe that's why I am such a huge fan.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

19th Nervous Breakdown.

BTW, rumors in Nashville that the Stones have been in town a few times in the past few months, recording with Jack White behind the console at his studio.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

1. Paint It Black.
    2. Waiting for a Friend.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As some of you know, I'm a ridiculously in the tank Stones fanboi. Unabashed about it.

Probably ...

"All Down the Line."

But it changes every so often.

"Gimme Shelter" is always right there.
    "Torn and Frayed" is always right there.
    "Loving Cup" is always right there.
    "Sway" is always right there.
    "Jumpin' Jack Flash" is always right there.

My 3-year-old son loves "Rocks Off" and "Tumblin' Dice."

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Paint It Black never gets old. If I am in the car the beginning makes me speed up the car.

Not too obscure but another one of My Stones favs is
    One Hit to The Body off Dirty Work.

Draft saved Draft deleted