1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stones concert to be the cause of mass ingestion of narcotics??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/18/stones.horses.reut/index.html

Wild horses, couldn't drag them away... :eek:

This horse definitely appears to be in a stupor:

[​IMG]

2. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Rorer 714.

3. chazp

chazp Active Member

Two things. Keith Richards is getting old and the Stones are still the best rock band ever! Or as KISS' Paul Stanley said, "When you start talking about the best rock bands, the Stones cast the largest shadow." [During a VH1 interview]

4. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

There is no way a take on this story avoids being spun by the hysterical, outstretched arms of the Onion.

5. Starman

Even being slavish, shameless imitators of the Beatles for almost the entire length of their career. ;) ;D

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

The Beatles were a "Pop" band, not Rock. The Stones rocked, the Beatles did not.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How can you tell?

8. Starman

"Revolution," "Helter Skelter," and "Back In The U.S.S.R." Thanks for playing. ;)

9. chazp

chazp Active Member

"I want to hold your hand", "Here comes the sun,"Can't buy me Love." Those are all pop songs, not rock. The Stones were Rock not Pop. The two bands played completely different types of music, however, only one of the two bands was a Rock band. Sorry you can't see that.

10. Starman

"As Tears Go By," "Ruby Tuesday," "Dandelion," "We Love You," are not Rock songs either. They are, however, shameless imitations by a band unabashedly trying to copy its superior.

Sorry I've forgotten more about music than you'll ever know.

11. chazp

chazp Active Member

"For all our success, we were just a pretty good R and B band." - Paul McCartney during a VH1 interview. One of the band members admits it himself. They weren't a rock band. Get over it.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Dude, have you ever looked at your hoof? I mean, REALLY looked at your hoof?

Draft saved Draft deleted