1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stone Top 50 albums of the year

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Guess they don't like Audioslave. : (

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I was disappointed with the Dylan album. I like a couple of the tracks on the TV on the Radio album a lot. I'm STUNNED Gnarls Barkley didn't make the list.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Did Gnarls Barkley have a good album or just one popular song? I only heard the song, so I don't know.

Nice to see Chili Peppers at No. 2, Tom Waits at No. 10 and Pearl Jam at No. 13.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Were there 50 worthwhile albums this year?

Or was this more lists from the magazine that gave us that hilarious "Top guitarists of ALL TIME!" section?

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

What's an album?

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I've been meaning to pick up the Roots' new album for a while... at No. 18 I think its worth a trip to Best Buy.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

There's not 50 albums worthy of a "best of" list in 2006, much less the last two years, IMO.

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

People say this every year, but I just don't buy it. There's plenty of really good music out there. People are just conditioned to think nothing good has come out since they left college. The presence of Todd Snider, Johnny Cash and Neko Case on there are particularly pleasing. Yeah, I'm a bit of a folkie.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

A while back, around 2003-04, I owned well over half RS's "best of" list. That number -- Neko Case's fine work included -- is down to four this year.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I really liked the Dylan album, and I thought his last few before it were overrated.

I'll second the praise for Neko Case.

My two favorites of the year - by far - didn't make the list: "Live A Little" by the Pernice Brothers and "High Society" by The Bees.

Draft saved Draft deleted