1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stone shrinks, but grows

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 10, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Joe's Eats?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I actually agree with you, and part of me wishes he wouldn't. Then again, he probably wouldn't be so funny.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, no argument there, either. But it's tough to beat the low-water mark of Jann's 5 star review of a putrid Jagger album that ended with "World, meet Mick Jagger: solo artist."

5. Boognish

Boognish Member

Enjoyed his newest book, "The Great Derangement," in which he goes undercover to a Texas superchurch to become born again among other adventures in and out of Congress. Anybody else here read it? Thoughts?

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Just the excerpt in RS a while back, which I did enjoy. It's on my list to read, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I just got that issue and it is the first time RS has had a band that I have never heard of on the cover, who the hell are they? I didn't read the story.

8. Boognish

Boognish Member

Some parts are chilling, especially since the reverend, John Hagee, seems to everywhere in the news lately, from McCain jumping on board with him to Hagee's foreign policy push (CNN had a story today).

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I remember back in the early 80s they switched from newsprint, went to this awful paper and shrunk it a bit. The quality of the mag went for a shit too around that time but it came back.

I find it hard to believe that it's circulation now is higher than it's ever been. I've had a subscription forever but don't know too many other people who read it. As a teenager I devoured it because that kind of music info couldn't be found as easy as it can now.

I'll be in favour of the new size. It won't get mangled in my mailbox and will be easier to carry on the road.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They're Hannah Montana if Hannah Montana were three little boys. Which speaks volumes about RS these days.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Indeed. I haven't read the article, but I couldn't believe these Disney creations made the cover. Hannah Montana has to be next. Or maybe High School Musical 3.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The thing about the Jonas brothers ... get ready to be absolutely humped in every orifice for the next few years. They're the new *it*. Just be prepared.

Draft saved Draft deleted