1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stone reunion ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Claws for Concern, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I am not a former Rolling Stone staffer nor am I a current one, but apparently anyone and everyone from the magazine's band of employees is getting back together on the West Coast to celebrate 40 years next month.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003628066

2. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

One of the guys I work with worked there in the 70s. He said he ain't goin' if Hunter ain't goin'.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Can they discuss why every Yoko Ono album is tabbed as a masterpiece?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Do you think they'll stand around and go "Do you remember when we didn't suck? That was cool."

5. Hunter will be there in some form ...

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Nicely done.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Will they talk about what a starfucker Jann Wenner is?

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

When I clicked on this thread I couldn't for the life of me figure out why a Rolling Stones reunion tour would be on the JO board.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Old hippies! Parking lot full of VW buses with McGovern stickers.

Might be interesting to catch up with the old RS stars. I wonder if they still listen to rock 'n' roll.

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Dude may have gotten his ass kicked, but he certainly had it right on 'Nam.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Shit, everyone knew Vietnam was a hopeless disaster by '72. Remember, Nixon ran in '72 on his "secret plan" to end the war. Here was the secret -- withdraw troops and call an end to the debacle.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm going ... so I can pimp slap whatever reviewer gave the Rolling Stones' Steel Wheels album four stars back in '89.

I like the Stones too, but dammit, virtually nothing after '81 or so deserves accolades at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted