1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stone ranks every SNL cast member ever...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Both Fey and Meyers were the show's head writer when they did update, so while they didn't appear in many sketches outside update, it was their job to punch up every single one and fight with Lorne over which ones got to air.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

My understanding was always that Fey wrote very few sketches. She did mostly punch up and obviously, was amazing enough at it that Lorne gave her Update. I remember Fey when she was promoting her book a few years back said the most prominent sketch that she wrote was "Colonel Angus"

Meyers wrote a lot... He wrote all of the Palin stuff from a couple years ago. He wrote all the Stefon stuff.

I think it took Meyers leaving SNL for me to realize what a presence he had there, even if a lot of it was behind the scenes.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Probably doesn't do anything to negate your point, but I think John Mulaney was the writer behind Stefon.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

You are correct. Mulaney created Stefon. Meyers didn't write for him until 2012 when Mulaney left the show.

6. Riptide

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

8. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

I'm pretty sure they're talking about Seth Meyers, not Mike Myers.

9. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

WTFF has Cecily Strong that puts her above Darrell Hammond, the Cal Ripken/Jim Marshall of SNL??? Not to mention the go-to guy for the best Clinton impersonation out there, Sean Connery on Celebrity Jeopardy, etc., etc.

10. Riptide

Epic brain fart on me.

Draft saved Draft deleted