1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stone covers sports? Really??

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by I Should Coco, Dec 27, 2009.

1. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

They've always done a handful of features/interviews every once and a while, but the regular Taibbi column started at the beginning of the NFL season.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He is a cross between Bruce Coslett and Ricj Kottite

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Was that before he became Legume?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Matt Taibbi is my least favorite writer to ever touch a keyboard; actually, it's not his writing so much as his whole smarter-than-everyone-I've-ever-interviewed persona he cops in print and in interviews on shows like Bill Maher.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Does this mean Bruce Allen wrote for Rolling Stone? Or was he just the governor of American Samoa?

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Now that the season is nearly complete, I'd say that Taibbi was wrong on Mangini. The fan base has come around on him (beating the Steelers will do that) and it seems the players have as well. If he is indeed fired, it will not be a total case of good riddance.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Y'all are awesome ...

[​IMG]

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Yeah, the Mangini column was well-written and hilarious, but it's turned out he deserves another year. This team didn't quit on him.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I can see where his persona would turn you off, but he breaks (whatever it is he's writing about) down like Hunter Thompson.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's not getting one with The Big Show running the, well, big show.

Maybe a little better start and Mangini doesn't doom himself. Too bad. Enjoy coaching Bulkeley High in Hartford next year, Eric.

11. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

Also in the 2009 edition of BASW. Just read it last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted