1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stone article

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jun 15, 2006.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Romenesko linked to an E&P report: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002651747

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It was good to see that Salon article.

3. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

This is not a liberal-conservative issue. If a town of 300 is casting 5,000 votes for Bush, that's everyone's issue.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Yer damn right. It's an issue for FREEDOM !

5. The Kennedy article had its problems, and I still recall that RFK got onto the vaccine-autism story just as that one crashed and burned. That said, Greg Palast's done better work than either Kennedy or Manjoo on the story. And the most compelling thing to me is that all the "mistakes," "glitches" and "stuff" that happened benefitted one side.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking Fenian. The article made me think a little bit, but at the end, I was still thinking that RS has destroyed any sort of political credibility it ever had with its constant hate attacks against the Bush admin. I know they don't purport to be fair and balanced, but, ya know ...

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That's the same sort of conspiracy theory junk conservatives used to deal in, like "Clinton had people killed!" There's no conspiracy. Kerry ran a shitty campaign and he wasn't a great candidate. Bush beat him fair and square.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Instead of starting a new thread ...

So I'm trying to expand my reading habits. Today over coffee at Borders I pick up a mag I've never read: Harper's.

I really enjoyed what I read. Ben Metcalf wrote a terrific Notebook piece on what it means in this day and age in America to have the right to write something on what it would be like to kill George W. Bush with your bare hands.

There's also an interested tidbit about Tom & Jerry the cartoon and how and why the cartoon came to be back in the day. It's called "Tom & Jewry."

And the other piece I straggled through was (forget the author's name) a first-person piece "Letters from Kiev," about mail-order brides. The writing is simple with just enough complexity, without that complexity going over one's head.

Anyone else read this mag regularly?

Draft saved Draft deleted